On October 21, 2017 at the beautiful St. Mary’s Academy, Dr. Wilhelm will present SETTING THE STAGE FOR SUCCESS: Strategies to Foster Inquiry-Based Learning and ENGAGING WAYS TO REACH RELUCTANT READERS AND WRITERS (Grades 3-9).
Dr. Wilhelm has been a North American leader in teaching the inquiry process and providing creative strategies and materials to engage struggling readers. Currently, he is a distinguished Professor of English Education at Boise State University. He is the founding director of the Maine Writing Project and the Boise State Writing Project. He has written over 35 texts about literacy teaching and has won two top English Education research awards. Dr. Wilhelm continues to work in schools, teaching middle and high school students in his area. Follow him on Twitter!
Dr. Wilhelm’s presentation will help prepare us to implement the new ELA Curriculum with an inquiry stance. Dr. Wilhelm offers practical instructional strategies to strengthen the reading-writing connections in non-fiction text. He provides creative ways to engage striving and reluctant readers to realize the power and agency of literacy, so they can take positive action in their world.
Below are a selection of Dr. Wilhelm’s well-known books, including the NEW book Diving Deep into Non-Fiction .
Registration will occur exclusively via the MTS MemberLink website. Find our event after logging in by clicking the EVENTS link on the MemberLink toolbar. Registration help can be accessed on the MTS website.
- Membership & Conference Fee: $100 RCGW Membership, Conference Fee, and Lunch (Includes $20 membership fee for 2017-2018)
- Non-Member: Conference Fee and Lunch Only: $110
- Student Fee: $50 – RCGW Student Membership, Conference Fee, and Lunch (Includes $10 membership fee for 2017-2018)
- Student Non-Member: $55 – Conference Fee and Lunch Only
- Not Attending: $20 – RCGW membership only